The Cultural Department is guided by the Elder’s Committee which in turn passes its recommendations to the Education Committee. The program produces all language material that is for sale to Cowichan Tribes as well as anyone interested in our resources.
Projects underway include:
- Elder’s Snuw'uy'ulh with Quw’utsun Huyiixwule’ and Yuthuy’thut every Tuesday morning.
- Qwi’qwal (Speaker’s class) every Monday night.
- Family Language Class every Thursday night.
The following Books/Videos are for sale at the Quw'utsun Syuw'entst building:
- Beginning Hul'q'umi'num Revised (Plus CD)
- Sara's Sunflower (Plus CD)
- Those Who Fell From The Sky (History Book)
- Longhouse Kitchens (Cookbook)
- Wisdom Of The River (Video)
- Quw'utsun Alphabet (Poster)
- Quw'utsun Teachings (Poster)
- Large/Small Category Dictionary (Book)
- Alphabet Flashcards
- Human Body Parts (Poster)
- Salmon Chart (Poster)
- Number Flash Cards